Cape Town – MultiChoice is now giving DStv Premium subscribers the option of adding Naspers' subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) streaming service, Showmax, to their existing subscription without having to pay for it, or paying more for DStv Premium.
Here is how you do it:
How DStv Premium customers add Showmax
1. Go to www.showmax.com and sign up
2. Choose “DStv add to account” as payment method
3. Add DStv Connect ID details (here’s how to getthe Connect ID)
4. Done! Watch via www.showmax.com, or through a connected Explora, or using the Showmax apps for smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, Apple TV, and other media players
What to do if you already have a Showmax account:
1. If subscribed by credit card, cheque card or Paypal subscription, login to www.showmax.com
2. Go to Manage Account and click on Manage Subscription.
3. Select “DStv add to account” as payment method
4. Sign in with DStv Connect ID (here’s how to get the Connect ID)
5. You’re ready to go. Previous payment methods will automatically be cancelled.
If the Showmax subscription is currently being billed through a 3rd-party partner, contact that company to cancel the billing then follow the same steps for existing customers as above.
Showmax carries a catalogue of 25 000 TV shows and films. The tighter Showmax integration with MultiChoice comes as the 2-year old SVOD service is folding its South African and African operations into the DStv Digital Media unit of MultiChoice.