Slaven Bilic has insisted the row over Ahmed Hegazi’s sale is “finished” after holding clear-the-air talks with the West Brom hierarchy.
Bilic was furious earlier this week after the Egypt international was sold to Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad, claiming the decision was not made for football reasons.
Hegazi made only 14 starts for West Brom in the Championship last season but Bilic admitted his disappointment over the departure following Monday’s 1-1 draw with Brighton.
Bilic has now held constructive talks with senior West Brom officials and reaffirmed his commitment to the Premier League club.
“I was very vocal and clear on Monday night but for me that is finished now. I wanted to say it, it was required to protect the team and the staff,” he said.
“I think it needed to be said and two days after the game I said it again to the guys here when we came to the training ground and I don’t want to go back on it.
“I want to close the chapter now. I wish Ahmed all the best, he’s a top player and professional, but I would rather talk about the players I still have here.”
Bilic has confirmed that £8.25 million signing Matheus Pereira is in talks over a new £45,000-a-week deal, and revealed that Poland international Kamil Grosicki is now back in his plans.
Grosicki’s loan move to Nottingham Forest was rejected by an arbitration panel after paperwork for the deal was submitted 21 seconds late.
The winger is now training with West Brom and has been included in their Premier League squad.
Bilic said: “It’s a big boost for us and we are not overloaded with players in that position.
“We had to offload some players to bring players in but now he’s back and there is a space for him.
“He is an international player, very proven in the Premier League, and it’s now down to him how much he plays. When he’s on top form, he’s really very important for us.”
West Brom return to league action on Monday evening against Fulham.