Smartphone battery explodes in man’s hand in southern China

A smartphone battery suddenly exploded in a man’s hand in southern China. The CCTV video, filmed in the city of Xiamen in Fujian Province on July 29, shows smoke and fire emerging from a battery when a man pressed down on it. The man then threw the battery onto the counter and a worker pushed it onto the floor. According to the boss of the phone repair shop, the man took his phone battery to the repair shop as his phone couldn't be turned on. The case is under investigation. The video was provided by local media with permission.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting