Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are flat to up at the midday mark, with the consumer discretionary (XLY) sector leading the way up and energy (XLE) the most in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman and Dan Roberts.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- Making sense of market moves after the French election
- Disney, Nvidia, Priceline earnings after the bell
- What President Trump’s secret visitor log reveals
- Bitcoin surges to record, now trades above $1,700
- Snoop Dogg wants to create music festival in dad’s hometown