Stocks hold steady as investors digest rising geopolitical tensions and the latest round of US economic data. Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous, Jen Rogers, Jared Blikre and Rick Newman discuss these and the other big stories we’re covering today.
- UN Security Council calls for emergency meeting after North Korea missile test
- London police call underground subway explosion a terrorist incident
- US retail sales fell in August
- Bitcoin on track for fifth straight day of losses
- Japan’s SoftBank reportedly seeks $10 billion investment in Uber
- Google (GOOGL) hit with gender pay discrimination suit
- Angry Birds’ Rovio sets price range for $1 billion IPO
- Oracle (ORCL) falls on disappointing outlook
- Macy’s (M) plans to hire 80,000 seasonal workers
TWITTER POLL: What would you do if you had $1,000?
A) Buy the new iPhone
B) Invest in Apple stock
C) Buy Rovio shares when it goes public