Footage shows a Thai girl eating deep fried SCORPION - a popular Thai street food snack. The unlikely dish was being sold alongside fried insects in the Chinatown area of Bangkok, Thailand. Belle, the girl in the video, said the scorpion did not taste bad but the area of the tail where the arachnid’s venom was ‘smelled weird’ and left a ‘strange taste’ in her mouth. Scorpions are venomous to humans but when can be eaten when they are deep fried to remove any toxins. The finished dish is crispy and high in protein. Those in the video were also seasoned with soy sauce. They cost 100 Thai baht (3 USD).
Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting