Snow has returned to large parts of the UK for the second week running, and it’s causing quite a bit of inconvenience across the country – with police warning of treacherous driving conditions.
But at the same time, there’s no denying that the country has also been transformed into a winter wonderland, with the snow providing a layer of magic that’s usually found on the front of vintage Christmas cards.
This video by Gary Lawson is the absolute proof of that, as he’s captured some stunning drone footage at the Sutton Bank National Park on the North York Moors.
In the footage, snow is seen covering the entire moors in a wintry blanket, as well as hanging off the tops of huge trees.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Rugby player left disabled for life after eating slug as dare at birthday party
- Government could expel Russian officials as spy, daughter and policeman ‘remain critical’
- Horror crash in North Yorkshire leaves two teens dead and seven injured
- This is the age when you stop being young
- You’re going to need a bigger boat! Extraordinary moment a giant whale shark looms beneath unsuspecting tourists
The sight becomes even more impressive as the video progresses, with the snow entirely covering a derelict church before the video later captures panoramic views of the entire area.
The latest snow blast comes only a week after the Beast from the East and Storm Emma which brought a deep cold snap and snow and ice last week.
Many water companies say they have finally restored supplies to most customers after days of weather-related problems, which left thousands of homes in southern England without their supply.