Susan Boyle’s BGT audition voted most iconic moment in show's history
Susan Boyle’s ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ audition has been voted the most iconic moment in the show’s history.
The Scottish singer, 61, rose to instant fame in 2009, after appearing as a contestant on the third series of the ITV talent show.
Susan - who is affectionately known as Su-Bo - left the audience completely gobsmacked after her rendition of ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ from ‘Les Misérables’, and she went on finish second to dance troupe Diversity in that year's series.
Research commissioned by headline sponsor of 'BGT', McVitie’s, ahead of the show's hotly-anticipated return on ITV and ITV Hub this Saturday (16.04.22), has revealed the golden moments of the programme's 14 seasons.
The survey, conducted by 3Gem, asked more than 2,000 Brits to vote for their favourite moment.
The show's first-ever winner, Paul Potts, who serenaded the country with a powerful rendition of 'Nessun Dorma' also made the top 10, placing fifth.
Other iconic moments included double act Ashleigh and Pudsey, who melted the hearts of the nation becoming the first ever animal act to win 'BGT' with their dancing dog routine.
They finished fourth in the vote, and George Sampson, who wowed the audience with his dazzling interpretation of the musical number ‘Singing in the Rain', was sixth.
The show, hosted by Ant and Dec, has become a staple of Saturday night TV.
The new season of 'Britain’s Got Talent' airs on Saturday (16.04.22) at 8pm on ITV.
Top 10 most iconic 'Britain’s Got Talent' moments as voted by the British public:
1. Susan Boyle, I Dreamed a Dream (71%)
2. Diversity’s initial audition (60%)
3. Stavros Flatley initial Audition (56%)
4. Ashleigh and top dog Pudsey's BC-52 dance to The Flintstones, (50%)
5. Paul Potts singing Nessun Dorma (47%)
6. George Sampson, Dancing in the rain (31%)
7. Lost Voice Guy’s unique comedy routine (30%)
8. Twist and Pulse bring the energy and the power in their performance (24%)
9. Colin Thackery’s stunning rendition of 'Wind Beneath My Wings' (15%)
10. Illusionist Darcy Oake’s, dove audition (12%)