A 17-year-old boy has become the sixth person arrested by detectives investigating the Parsons Green terrorist attack.
The teenager was detained at around 12.05am this morning after officers executed a warrant at an address in Thornton Heath, south London.
All six men remain in custody at a south London police station, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Police have begun a search of the property where the youngster was arrested under section 41 of the Terrorism Act.
Neighbours on Saint Paul’s Road in Thornton Heath said they believed that the property was a halfway house, and one claimed that there has been trouble at the property before.
Phil Burt, 67, who has lived on the opposite side of the street for 40 years, said he heard ‘enormous shouts’ at around midnight.
‘We had trouble with that house in the past. I’m not surprised to see tape around there. I think at one stage it was used as an in-between house’, he said.
‘I think they tried to use it for ex-jail people and I think they tried to use it for asylum seekers.’
Speaking about trouble at the house in the past, he said: ‘At one stage there were drug pushers in there.’
Paula Anderson, 43, lives next door to the property and said she was also woken up by ‘a lot of banging’,
She added: ‘When I looked out there were lots of police officers.’
A woman who lives a few doors down, who did not wish to be named, claimed that the property was a halfway house and usually occupied by young people.
‘All we know is that they’d come and they’d go, they come and they go,’ she said.
Commander Dean Haydon, head of the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, said: ‘This continues to be a fast-moving investigation.
‘A significant amount of activity has taken place since the attack on Friday.
‘We now have six males in custody and searches are continuing at five addresses. Detectives are carrying out extensive inquiries to determine the full facts behind the attack.’
PARSONS GREEN TERROR ATTACK – MORE FROM YAHOO UK
First pictures of Parsons Green terror suspect as police continue to quiz two men
Donald Trump’s ‘London terror’ tweet was pure speculation, says Amber Rudd
Cryptic Facebook post of man held over Tube bombing, days before attack
In pictures: Commuters left with facial burns after improvised bucket bomb explodes on Tube
Why low-level terror plots like Parsons Green need even more vigilance
The investigation into the rush hour bombing, which injured 30 people, has so far seen the arrest of three men aged 25, 30 and 48 in Newport, south Wales.
A 21-year-old named Yahyah Farroukh was also arrested in Hounslow, west London, and an 18-year-old man was detained at the Port of Dover.
A time limit on Mr Farroukh’s detention is expected to expire today, although detectives have been given until Saturday to continue questioning the 18-year-old suspect.