Teenager expelled from school after organising mass-walkout over LACK of homework

Aaron Parfitt organised a protest at his school after becoming concerned with teaching standards. (Caters)

A teenage schoolboy has been excluded for organising a mass protest about the LACK of homework at his school.

Aaron Parfitt led a '100-strong protest' to the playing grounds of Bispham High School in Blackpool, Lancs, due to his concerns of teaching standards at the school.
 
The 14-year-old had even contacted Blackpool Council and Ofsted to raise his concerns of the quality of teaching, before losing patience and organising the mass walkout last week.
 
But teachers took a dim view of his actions and excluded him for two days last Thursday and Friday, before allowing him back into class this week.

Aaron revealed he felt forced into staging the mutiny after speaking to the head of the maths department, his head of year and the school head teacher to explain his worries.

He was joined by dozens more students, and believes up to 100 classmates eventually rallied behind his educational battle cry.


He said: 'I failed my maths exam in school and I was really worried because I just wanted to make sure I was able to do the work properly.











 

[Schoolboy, aged NINE, cleans up with collection of over 40 vacuum cleaners]


'We've had loads of different teachers and we weren't getting enough homework so I decided to call the council and Ofsted to see if they would help me but they couldn't.
 
'I got fed up in the end so I help a protest with some friends and we walked out on to the field then loads more people started to follow me.
 
'There must have been around 100 people with me in the end and everyone sent me messages afterwards saying well done for sticking up for my friends.'

The temporary exclusion infuriated Aaron’s mother Janet, who added: ‘I'm absolutely fuming they've excluded him because he's doing the best he can to get a good education.
 
'He was only trying to stick up for himself and his mates and then he gets told to stay away from the school for two days.
 
'He email Blackpool Council and Ofsted to say he was worried about what was going on and they kept passing him other numbers to ring so he got really fed up in the end.
 
'I got a voicemail from the school telling me that Aaron had been excluded for two days and that they were going to call me back to chat to me about what he'd done.’

The school today would not speak about Aaron’s temporary expulsion, as they ‘do not comment on individual cases.’














 

[British schoolboy, 12, stranded in Abu Dhabi through fear of flying finally touches down in UK - after being HYPNOTISED before boarding plane]


However,  Bispham High School was placed under special measures last year by Ofsted inspectors who said standards at the school were low and that there was too much 'mediocre teaching'.
 
A more recent report, conducted in September, revealed the school was making 'reasonable progress' but the school's acting head teacher, Deborah Hanlon-Catlow, said the school was going through a 'challenging' period.
 
She said: 'This is undoubtedly a challenging time for the school.

'However, with support from Blackpool Council, we will continue to work to try to improve teaching standards, attendance, behaviour and punctuality.
 
'This will not happen overnight but we will continue to work with Ofsted, parents, staff and pupils towards gradual improvement.
 
'The school has a proactive policy in dealing with complaints from both parents and pupils.’
 
Councillor Ivan Taylor, Blackpool Council's cabinet member for children's services, said: 'The school is going through a transitional period and this is a undoubtedly a challenging time for everyone concerned.’