Terrified boy, 14, rescued after getting stuck in garbage shredder machine

A terrified 14-year-old boy was rescued after getting trapped inside a garbage shredder machine. Worawut Thongkhao was crawling through the metal drums looking for recyclable trash to sell to landfill sites when he became stuck in Phatthalung province, Thailand. The lad screamed for help and one of the workers heard before cutting the power and calling the emergency services. As the boy had been wounded inside, the team had to use metal cutting tools to create a gap in the machine and pull the boy out before he was rushed to the hospital. Somphop Chidjinno, 32, who was at the landfill when the incident happened said: ‘That boy would sneak inside to collect garbage and sell to help his family buy food during the pandemic. ‘Nobody knew he was inside until some of my colleagues heard him screaming for help. We were relieved that he was saved.’ The boy was immediately taken to the Phatthalung Hospital through an ambulance before his arms and leg wounds were treated. His wounds were sustained from the sharp garbage shredding blades which scraped him while he cowered inside the machine chamber. However, aside from the wounds, the boy had no other serious injuries and is now in stable condition. His family were also informed of the incident and are with him at the hospital.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting