This is the terrifying moment a couple watching TV were rocked when their room was shaken by a factory explosion in Thailand. The husband and his wife, who did not want to be named, were laying on their sofa watching a movie when the nearby plastics factory exploded in Samut Prakan province at 3 am on July 5. CCTV footage shows how the living room’s glass doors were shattered and shards of glass flew through the air. The married couple suffered cuts and bruises in the accident and were taken to hospital along with dozens more residents affected by the blast. The husband said: ‘I just want everyone to know that I am safe. We were both injured but we are alive. The house can be repaired, that’s no problem. We’re relieved to be alive.’ One fireman died while battling the inferno which raged all day on Monday and sent thick plumes of black smoke into the air. Thousands of residents living within a 10-mile radius were evacuated amid fears of toxic fumes and further explosions. Thailand’s Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported that at least 70 houses and 15 vehicles were damaged by the explosion, while a rescue worker was killed and dozens more people living in homes nearby were injured. Officials said the factory houses at least five warehouses where more than 50 tonnes of chemicals were being stored.
Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting