THE mystery behind the infamous Loch Ness Monster case could be one step closer to being solved after the third sighting of 2023 was added to an official Nessie register.
The newest sighting to be added to the register was made by an American tourist called Ceci who apparently caught the creature on camera.
The supposed sighting was made at around 3:15pm on May 31, 2023, when a mysterious object was captured on film.
Of the Loch Ness finding, the register said: "The sighting of the unexplained object lasted a number of minutes."
No further details have been added. The recent addition actually predates the second sighting to be added to the list, which was spotted on June 15. The first of the year was caught on April 5.
The Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register can be found online, along with images provided during the incidents.
A £25,000 reward remains on the table for anyone able to find definitive proof of the monster's existence.
The prize money is being offered by millionaire Dave Fishwick (who was depicted in the popular film The Bank of Dave). He publically announced the prize money in June.
What is the Loch Ness Monster?
Nessie is often depicted as a large and long-necked sea creature that rises from the water.
What was the first Loch Ness Monster sighting?
The first "sighting" of the monster was made by Saint Columba in 565 AD.
The Irish monk supposedly caught sight of the beast when he was informed by locals that a man had been eaten by Nessie.
Columba then sent one of his followers across the loch. When the monster confronted the follower, Columba raised the sign of the cross and apparently said: "Go no further. Do not touch the man. Go back at once," stopping Nessie in its tracks.