Three people have been charged over the ‘suspicious’ death of a three-year-old boy who died in South London.
Alfie Lamb was found ‘unresponsive’ and in cardiac arrest when police and paramedics arrived at his home at Adams Way, Croydon, on February 1.
He was taken to a central London hospital but died three days later.
Scotland Yard has now confirmed that two women and a man who were arrested on February 28 have been charged over the youngster’s death.
A 23-year-old woman has also been charged with the ill-treatment of a child.
Along with an 18-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man, she faces a further charge of perverting the course of justice.
Although the boy’s death is being treated as ‘suspicious’, police say they are awaiting the final report from a February post-mortem at St Thomas’ Hospital.
It is not believed that he suffered from ‘obvious physical trauma’.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Angry residents throw paint over cars parked outside their homes near Manchester Airport
- Headbutted over an UMBRELLA: Police hunt thug who attacked man after being brushed by brolly
- Blogger stuns internet with huge eyebrows which cover her entire forehead
- British holidaymaker dies after ‘falling 50ft from ledge’ in Turkish airport
- Pilot who died in helicopter crash named as Lord Lieutenant of North Yorkshire Barry Dodd
All three defendants are set to appear at Croydon magistrates’ court next month.
An investigation is being led by Detective Chief Inspector Simon Harding to establish the ‘full circumstances’ of the youngster’s death.