A one-year-old girl reportedly died after she was left all day inside a pickup truck at her family’s home.
The girl’s adoptive father reportedly forgot that the girl was left in the car at the East Nashville home after dropping her sibling at a daycare centre.
The incident occurred as temperatures in Nashville reached a sweltering 26 degrees outside, meaning that the heat inside the vehicle may have reached near 50 degrees.
The child’s adoptive mother reportedly found the youngster in her car seat on Wednesday evening.
Adoptive mother found the girl at Virginia Ave home this evening. She was pronounced deceased upon arrival at Vanderbilt Hospital. Investigation will continue through the night. pic.twitter.com/98ibqbMMB2
— Metro Nashville PD (@MNPDNashville) May 24, 2018
She was pronounced dead upon arrival at the Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital.
Sharing a photo of the truck on Twitter, the Nashville Police Department wrote: ‘Adoptive mother found the girl at Virginia Ave home this evening.
‘She was pronounced deceased upon arrival at Vanderbilt Hospital. Investigation will continue through the night.’
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- There’s a country with a lower opinion of the EU than the UK has
- Parents sue 30-year-old son to force him to move out of their home after he refused to leave
- ‘An act of pure evil’: Student who threw acid on ex-boyfriend who later died jailed for 12 years
- Lotto winner Barbara Wragg who gave away most of her £7 million jackpot dies aged 77
- Couple found guilty of murdering French nanny in trial ‘stranger than fiction’
Police say that an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
The identities of the parents are yet to be revealed.