Tonight's Swansea City's news as legend wants three signings and £50m price tag slapped on old target

-Credit: (Image: Getty)
-Credit: (Image: Getty)


Here's your round-up of all the latest Swansea City news for Monday, May 27.

Swansea backed to be 'force to be reckoned with'

Alan Curtis says he's hopeful that Swansea City can put together a squad capable of competing in the top half of the Championship next season.

Curtis, a club legend and honorary president, says the process of reshaping the squad is already up and running, and admits there are three positions in particular in need of strengthening.

READ MORE: Swansea City's squad depth chart right now hammers home summer transfer priorities

READ MORE: Tonight's Swansea City news as Swans receive fresh transfer boost and ex-boss linked in Burnley job mix

“The players are still looking at contracts to see if they can get a better offer, or rather agents will certainly be doing that,” Curtis told the BBC.

“To be fair to Luke (Williams), he has not taken a summer holiday himself, because he feels he has not worked for it. It’s going to be a big summer.

“We probably will need a goalkeeper, I think we could do with another centre-forward and possibly another midfield player,” Curtis said.

“The basis of the squad is there and with a few additions, who will cost a little bit of money, we could be a force to be reckoned with next year.”

Celtic slap price tag on O'Riley

Celtic have slapped a £50m price tag on former Swansea City target Matt O'Riley, amid interest from Brighton and Hove Albion.

O'Riley was previously a favourite of Russell Martin, who tried to bring him to south Wales, but a move never materialised, and he opted to join Celtic instead.

He's since become a firm favourite at Celtic Park, netting twice as Celtic clinched the SPFL title at Kilmarnock last week, and journalist Alan Nixon claims Brighton are now weighing up a move.

However, it seems they will have to break the bank if they are to bring him to the Premier League.

Staff show support for Martin

Swansea City staff members travelled to Wembley to show their support to former boss Russell Martin. Martin oversaw a 1-0 win for his Southampton side, a victory that made him a Premier League manager for the first time.

Speaking after the win, the former Swans boss stated that he hoped his side would keep their identity in the top flight.

"I know possession won't win you games," Martin said. Sign up to our Swansea City newsletter here.

WHATSAPP: Sign up to the Swansea City WhatsApp service to get breaking news and top stories sent to your phone

"But it is a vehicle for us to give ourselves the best opportunity to show the best version of ourselves, I really believe that.

"If you win this way, to me it is the best way, not the right or wrong way but it's the best."

Commenting on Martin's success, broadcaster Jake Humphreys said on X: "DELIGHTED for Russell Martin.

"An excellent young coach with a brave and brilliant approach to management. Over 20 members of staff from Swansea went to Wembley today to support him.

"That is a mark of the kind of man he is, the mark he leaves behind, and I know it meant a lot to him. His football will be a brilliant addition to the Premier League."