Cape Town – The City of Cape Town has released all the information you might need with regards to transport to and from the Justin Bieber concert at the Cape Town Stadium on Wednesday.
ICYMI: Here’s everything you need to know about the show. Also, remember to send your mom this link!
Here are all the details:
Event ticket holders are encouraged to:
• Use public transport to the Civic Centre bus station and either catch the free event shuttle to the Stadium or use the Fan Walk. Please see the Metrorail, MyCiti and Events Shuttle sections below for more information.
• Use free CBD on-street parking after 17:00, note that no security will be arranged.
• Use 24/7 off-street parking at Parkalot (Jack Craig St, opposite Civic Bus Station), Ryk Tulbagh Square, Fountain Hotel, Picbel Parkade, Mandela Rhodes, Plein Park, etc. and use the event shuttle or Fan Walk.
• Park at the V&A Waterfront and walk to the Stadium. Normal train services will be available before the event. Normal fares will apply. Limited special MyCiTi services will be available after the event.
Metrorail services to and from Cape Town will run as normal before the event (no specials trains after the event) and passengers will be required to be in possession of a valid train ticket.
Train schedules and related information are available from the 24/7 Transport Information Centre’s tollfree number 0800 65 64 63 and www.capemetrorail.co.za.
Special hours of operation will apply on the routes below (standard fares apply). Otherwise, standard hours of operation and fares will apply for all the inner city and trunk and feeder routes.
Patrons are advised to move quickly from the Stadium to Civic – use the shuttle. Passengers will be required to use the myconnect card (loaded with sufficient value) to travel to and from the Civic Centre bus station. myconnect cards can be purchased at selected MyCiti stations or participating retailers. The 24/7 Transport Information Centre can be contacted on 0800 65 64 63 for more information.
Civic Centre to:
Table View (trunk & feeder) (route T01 Civic–Usazaza, feeder routes 213, 214, 215, 216)
• First bus leaves the Civic Centre bus station at 23:30, last bus at 00:45 – depending on demand.
• NOTE: Bus will stop at Lagoon Beach, Woodbridge, Milnerton, Racecourse, Sunset Beach and Table View stations. Passengers who wish to disembark at any other stations must please indicate that by pressing the buzzer.
• Feeder buses depart at 00:15, 00:45 & 01:15 based on demand.
• Last feeder buses leave Table View / Wood Station at 01:45 if required.
• One bus to standby for Route 217 at Table View Station, only to deployed based on demand.
Oranjezicht, Vredehoek, Gardens, Salt River Services (routes 101, 102,103)
• The bus leaves the Civic Centre bus station at ( time the event end)23:00, 23:30 and 23:59 – depending on demand.
Hout Bay Service (amended route 109)
• Buses returning to Hout Bay leaves the Wigtown stop on Main Road, Greenpoint (about 200m west from York Road Circle) at ( before the event ends)23:45, 00:15 and 00:45.
CHARGES: Normal fees are applicable before and after the event for transport outlined above.
Stadium Shuttle - between Civic Centre and Stadium
• The first bus from the Civic Centre bus station in Hertzog Boulevard leaves at ( Gates open at 16:00)
• Thereafter a bus leaves every 15 minutes or when full
• This service will continue during the event
• The last return bus leaves the Stadium bus station at 00:15.
• CHARGES: Free of charge on presentation of a valid event ticket.
Coaches, Buses, Taxis and Minibus Taxis
Private coaches, buses, taxis and Mini Bus Taxis may, on a first-come basis, use the limited coach parking on Helen Suzman Boulevard eastbound between Beach and Vlei Roads.
TAXIS (special note – see under “Drop & Go” below).
The roads listed in the below tables will be temporarily closed and/or restricted to vehicular traffic. This will have an impact on traffic flow and motorists are advised to plan their trips accordingly.
In addition, the following restrictions / closures will be applied:
No parking will be permitted on the above roads at the indicated times.
Access to and egress from parking garages will be allowed to permit holders.
Impact of road closure on public transport
Public transport services operating in the Green Point and CBD areas may be subject to localised deviations from 16:00 until 00:30. The affected scheduled services are listed and York Road will run along Helen Suzman Boulevard after 18:00. Passengers using this service may board or disembark at the stops either side of the closures at Buitengracht or York Road.
Golden Arrow service entering the CBD
The Waterfront service (CBD bound) will operate via the CTICC, turning right into Heerengracht, stopping opposite Standard Bank, proceeding around the circle, back down Heerengracht and on to the Waterfront. The Waterfront/Sea Point service will continue to operate on its normal routes but may be subject to delays.
MyCiTi Waterfront service
• The normal scheduled service will not be free of charge.
• The service will stop at the Stadium bus station on route to the Waterfront and then will be rerouted from Helen Suzman Boulevard into Portswood Road, turning left into Beach Road and right at the traffic circle into Granger Bay Boulevard.
• Granger Bay bus station will be closed for this period while all other stops and services on the Gardens-Civic-Waterfront route will remain operational. stops as alternatives to the Granger Bay bus station.
• On the return journey from the Waterfront, the bus will turn left into Beach Road, right into Portswood Road and left at Helen Suzman Boulevard to continue its normal route to the CBD.
Parking & Park-and-Ride in the CBD
Parking restrictions will be enforced in the residential areas adjacent to Cape Town Stadium from 6:00 to 00:30 (midnight), including on Main Road. Motorists are advised to obey the signage. Normal restrictions and charges apply to kerbside parking in the CBD for a weekday.
On-Street in the City Centre
On-street parking is available within the city centre but no additional security will be provided.
Parking tariffs will apply until 17:00 when on-street parking becomes free of charge.
Off-Street in the City Centre
24/7 off-street parking in the City Centre is available at:
CTICC (may be busy until 19:00 for own event), Ryk Tulbagh Square, Fountain Hotel, Picbel Parkade, Mandela Rhodes, Plein Park, etc.
V & A Waterfront
The V&A Waterfront has approximately 3 500 parking bays available to the general public and a parking charge is associated with this parking. Traffic flows into and out of the V&A Waterfront may be congested.
Main Road between Grove and Glengariff . However, this is very limited.
People With Disabilities
- Dedicated parking has been allocated on DF Malan Drive for those attendees with disabilities who wish to use the Stadium shuttle. Only people with an official disability permit from the City will be allowed to park in this dedicated parking area.
- At the Stadium Parking Area P5 is dedicated to disabled parking. Ticket holders must formally request access to the parking bays dedicated to people with disabilities by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Eventgoers will have to provide evidence that they are entitled to these parking bays by clearly displaying the Vehicle Access Permit (VAP) in full colour on their dashboard when entering the parking area (P5) on Vlei Road. Failure to display will result in access being denied.
- Enquiries regarding the limited parking within the stadium for people with disabilities can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Parking for people with disabilities is issued at the discretion of the event organiser and is subject to availability.
A special arrangement for the Drop & Go pre-event and Pick-up post-event as this event will have a lot of teenagers attending and being dropped-off and picked-up by parents and taxis etc.
- Patrons are advised to Drop & Go and Pick-up in the CBD around the Myciti Civic station as the free-to-event-ticket-holder shuttle service by Myciti to the stadium will be operational and is as safe and secure as dropping off and trying to pick up people at the stadium, but far quicker with dedicated bus lanes.
- The best area is in the CBD (DF Malan St, Jan Smuts St and other areas around the Civic Bus Station that can be used – but no parking in Hertzog Blvd itself).
- Pick-up after the event at the stadium will take over 40 minutes additional time.
- P4 will be made available as a Pick-up area after the event (NOT a Drop & Go before the event). That is, for those that choose to face the extra traffic and drop and/or pick up at the stadium, the normal drop and go will be on Helen Suzman Blvd eastbound (city-bound) between Beach and Vlei Rds. About an hour before the end of the event, i.e. after 22:00, P4 will be opened for Pick-up after the event., vehicles can park and wait in P4.
Pedestrian routes between the Stadium and City Centre (via Fan Walk)
• Part of the road will be open to normal vehicular traffic.
• Pedestrians are urged to use the sidewalk and dedicated lane to the underpass at Green Point Circle.
V & A Waterfront
• This route is via Granger Bay Boulevard.
• Pedestrians are urged to avoid Portswood Road as the pedestrian walkways along that route are restricted.
Attendees wishing to cycle to the stadium are encouraged to do so. Bicycle racks are located on the eastern (Waterfront) side of the elevated circle at the stadium. Cyclists must provide their own lock and chain as bicycles are left at own risk.
Please remember the “ridesafe” motto and wear a helmet, have adequate lighting and wear reflective clothing (NB: motorcycle helmets are not allowed inside the stadium).
Due to the number of people using the Fan Walk, it is advised that cyclists coming from the CBD use the route through the V&A Waterfront or the back roads in De Waterkant to access the stadium.
Attendees are encouraged to collect their tickets from Computicket outlets before the day of the event.
All enquiries regarding transport options for this event may be directed to the 24/7 Transport Information Centre (free from a Telkom landline): 0800 65 64 63 Or send a message to: email@example.com.