TV investigator will 'build clear timeline of the 24 hours before Jay Slater disappeared'

Mark Williams-Thomas outside the holiday rental where Jay Slater was last seen in Masca
-Credit: (Image: Stan Kujawa)


An experienced TV investigator has said he will 'build a clear timeline' of the 24 hours before teenager Jay Slater disappeared in Tenerife.

After landing in the Spanish island, Mark Williams-Thomas, who has vowed to 'get answers for the family' was seen carrying out enquiries at the Masca holiday rental where 19-year-old Jay was last seen on Monday (June 17).

The TV investigator and author revealed last week that he had reached out to Jay's mum Debbie Duncan to 'get her answers as to what happened' to Jay, with the major search efforts now in their second week.

READ MORE Jay Slater: TV investigator who claims he can get answers for missing teen's family 'in three days' arrives in Tenerife

Jay, from Lancashire, is thought to have phoned his friend Lucy to tell her he was lost in a rural area and that his phone battery was down to just one percent. His phone then later 'pinged' in an open area around half a mile north of the Masca village, in the Rural de Teno Park, at 8.50am.

-Credit:Stan Kujawa
-Credit:Stan Kujawa

Approached outside the rental property on Tuesday (June 25), Mark said: "I don't want to talk in detail at the moment, but I've spent time with the family and my focus now is to build a clear timeline of the last 24 hours before Jay disappeared.

"My focus is very much to ensure that I'm here to support the family and work with the Spanish authorities to get answers."

The holiday cottage where Jay stayed the night before he vanished
The holiday cottage where Jay stayed the night before he vanished -Credit:PA

Previously speaking to the Manchester Evening News, Mark, who investigated the disappearance of Nicola Bulley and revealed that former television host and radio personality Savile was a prolific paedophile in his award-winning film in October 2012, revealed he would need just a matter of days to 'find out whether a third party was involved’.

He also vowed to 'track down' the two men, who are thought to be British, that Jay is said to have stayed with in the Airbnb rental the night before he vanished.

"I would quickly be able to do establish whether or not there are suspicious circumstances - but I'd need total access to everything and to speak to all the witnesses involved," he said.

"Having feet on the ground and looking at the scenario and circumstances, I know I will get to the bottom of this in three days. If the family work with me, I will get them answers. It is crucial for the family. It is difficult for them, dealing with foreign police who handle it differently."

Emergency workers, including the Civil Guard, mountain rescue team and fire crews, are continuing in their search of the mountainous area in the Rural de Teno park, which involves steep and 'treacherous' mountains and ravines. Members of the search and rescue teams previously told the Manchester Evening News why the vast landscape is proving so challenging to search.