Two Joules stores in Dorset close today following Next takeover deal

Two Joules stores in Dorset are closing today <i>(Image: PA)</i>
Two Joules stores in Dorset are closing today (Image: PA)

Administrators for retailer Joules have revealed that 19 branches will close today (December 1), including two in Dorset.

This is causing a loss of 133 jobs however, a rescue deal for the company has been announced.

The retailer went into administration last month and Next and Joules founder Tom Joule is set to take over the business.

Dorset Echo: A Joules store
Dorset Echo: A Joules store

A Joules store (Image: PA)

The deal will see Next own a 74% stake in the business, with Tom Joule owning the remaining 26%.

Stores in Lyme Regis and Sherborne are two of the 19 set to close on Thursday.

READ MORE: Joules enters administration with 1600 jobs on the line

Joules shops to close on Thursday

  • Carmarthen

  • Cheltenham

  • Chichester

  • Edinburgh

  • Exeter

  • Gateshead

  • Lyme Regis

  • Newbury

  • Northcote Road

  • Oxford

  • Peak Village

  • Peterborough

  • Reigate

  • Salcombe Fore Street

  • Sherborne

  • Southwold Little Joule

  • St Davids

  • Waterloo

  • Watford

Next said it plans to continue to run around 100 of Joules’ 124 stores and transfer over around 1,450 shop and head office workers.