A NUMBER of biggest names in the music industry have turned down invitations to play at the coronation of King Charles III.
A concert is to be held at Windsor Castle on May 7 following the ceremony at Westminster Abbey on May 6.
It has been reported that so far Adele, Elton John, Harry Styles, Ed Sheeran, Robbie Williams, and the Spice Girls have all declined an invitation to perform.
Last week, it was reported that Sheeran was first to say no.
It is understood the English chart-topper is to be performing in Texas the day before the concert.
Adele and Robbie Williams also turned down the invite citing similar reasons, with Elton John saying he would not be able to make it in time due to a concert in Germany.
A source close to the palace has said: “Elton John was top of Charles’ list, but due to his European tour, which sees him performing in Germany the Friday before, then again soon after the Windsor concert, he isn’t able to make the dash to the UK work."
The source added that “organisers are working against the clock to pull together an exciting lineup” in reaction to additional rejections.
Harry Styles and the Spice Girls have also said busy schedules hold them back from being able to perform.
Take That reportedly kept the date of May 7 free in their tour in case they were asked to perform and will be headlining the event.
They will join Kylie and Dannii Minogue, as well as Lionel Richie and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
More acts are hoped to be revealed in the coming weeks.
“The biggest names and acts in world music are being approached for the concert,” another source said.
“If you draw up a list of the most popular acts in the world over the past 30 years, then they are all being considered."