On the hunt for the Instagram to top all Instagrams? The Maldives, Dubai and Italy are the top three spots Britons would like to post to their followers, according to a new study.
The respondents were asked what they considered to be the most iconic holiday photos for Instagram, ones "they'd one day like to capture themselves," VoucherCodesPro.co.uk reported.
From swinging in the sea in the Maldives to Sydney Harbour Bridge, these are the top 10 answers give.
- Swing in the Sea, Maldives - 34 percent
- The Sail Hotel, Dubai - 32 percent
- The Colosseum, Italy - 31 percent
- The Blue Lagoon, Iceland - 28 percent
- Cliffside swimming pools, Santorini - 24 percent
- Niagara Falls, America - 20 percent
- Sydney Harbour Bridge, Australia - 19 percent
- Central Park, America - 19 percent
- The Northern Lights, Iceland - 17 percent
- The Eiffel Tower, France - 16 percent
According to the survey, only 17 percent said they’d like to photograph one of the seven Wonders of the World. Only 2 percent said they would like to photograph all seven Wonders of the World.
“It’s sad to see that photo albums aren’t as popular as they once used to be – or even framing photos and dotting them around the home – but technology means that Britons are able to share their favourite memories with so many of their loved ones with just one click," said spokesman George Charles. "These beautiful scenes offer once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and are worth a visit – Instagram or no Instagram!”
Follow Samantha J. Gross on Twitter: @samanthajgross