KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIAAUGUST 27, 2020SOURCE: AFPTV
1. Wide shot Hijab-wearing women walk down a sidewalk in Kuala Lumpur2. Wide shot A billboard showing hijab-wearing models in Kuala Lumpur3. Wide shot The worker arranges the boutique's wares as mannequin heads sporting hijabs stand in the foreground
SHAH ALAM, MALAYSIAAUGUST 17, 2020SOURCE: AFPTV
4. Mid shot Malaysian ex-hijab wearer Maryam Lee showing a photograph of her former self donning the headscarf in her room5. Tracking shot Lee entering her room, before squatting down to pick up a covered basket containing some of the hijabs or headscarves that she used to wear6. Mid shot Lee counting the headscarves kept inside the basket
7. SOUNDBITE 1 - Maryam Lee, Malaysian ex-hijab wearer (English, 17 sec): "When I found out that, I mean all my life, I've been told that (wearing the headscarf) it's wajib (compulsory), that it's mandatory and if I don't wear it, it's sinful, it's sinning. And then I found out that it actually wasn't, so I felt very cheated, like all your life you've been told one thing and it turns out to be a lie."
8. Wide shot Some of the few hijabs or headscarves that Maryam used to wear laid out on her bed9. Mid shot More of the folded hjiabs10. Close-up Maryam during her younger days, wearing a headscarf
11. SOUNDBITE 2 - Maryam Lee, Malaysian ex-hijab wearer (English, 13 sec): "Women in this part of the world, when they take off the hijab, what happens to them? They get bullied, they get harrassed. So the freedom right now is not to hijab, the freedom right now is to de-hijab."
12. Mid shot Lee demonstrating how to wear a hijab