Snapchat captures house fire at student party

A video has emerged of a series of snapchats documenting a college frat party in California, USA last week that ended in disaster when a student house caught fire.

Junior Tobias compiled a montage of videos he received from a California State University student through the popular video sharing app Snapchat.

The sequence of videos takes an unexpected turn when a fire can be seen tearing through the two storey building in Chico.

According to local fire officials, firefighters quickly managed to contain the blaze, with most of the damage being done only to the exterior of the property.

By using Yahoo you agree that Yahoo and partners may use Cookies for personalisation and other purposes