Vietnamese doctor removes metal screw from LUNG of three-year-old boy

A doctor from Vietnam removed a 1.2-centimetre-long screw from the lung of a three-year-old boy on Sunday (November 7). The boy was taken to hospital in Da Nang after complaining of problems breathing. Doctors quickly discovered the screw in his lungs after carrying out an X-ray. They then used an endoscope to remove the foreign object as quickly as possible. Fortunately, the boy's lungs were not damaged by the screw and he was set to be discharged after a few days. According to his parents, he put the screw in his mouth after finding it around the house. The video was filmed with permission from the patient's parents.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting