Volkswagen continues ID.4 tests ahead of the market launch within two years.
A white prototype of the upcoming Volkswagen ID.4 was recently caught during winter testing, once again camouflaged by exterior parts from the Vauxhall Grandland X.
The current version does not have the sliding rear doors, seen in one of the Volkswagen ID. CROZZ concepts and the coupe-ish roofline has transformed into a more of a hatchback roofline.
Related ID.4 content:
- Video captures Volkswagen ID.4 out testing in South Africa
- Volkswagen ID.4 electric crossover debut pushed back
- VW may debut GTX performance badge on ID.4 EV crossover
- 2022 VW ID.4 electric SUV spied trying to look like a Vauxhall
From the side, it really looks like a raised and enlarged Volkswagen ID.3. According to CarPix, the ID.4's size to be between the Tiguan and the Tiguan Allspace, but with a slightly longer wheelbase than the Tiguan (thanks to the lack of engine under the bonnet) that might result in more space inside.
The market launch is expected in about a year after the ID.3.
Volkswagen ID.4 specs (expected)
- based on MEB platform
- long-range, all-wheel-drive option
- DC fast charging at 125-150 kW
See also: Volkswagen ID.4: Everything We Know here.