Wanda Sykes, Judd Apatow, Ray Romano, Roy Wood Jr., Carl Reiner, Craig Robinson, Dave Attell, Jeff Ross and Jim Norton are among the line-up of stars set for Laughter in Lockdown, a two-hour, one-night-only streaming event to benefit comedians and other comedy professionals impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
The stream will launch on Friday, May 29 at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 PT at nylaughs.org/lockdown. Proceeds will benefit struggling comedians and comedy club professionals as part of The Actors Fund’s COVID-19 initiative. The special will be posted on YouTube following the initial stream.
More from Deadline
- 'Learn On TikTok' Funds Go To Media Firms, Celebrities Like Tyra Banks And José Andrés
- Alfonso Cuaron Backs Campaign To Support Mexico's Domestic Workers Amid Coronavirus
- Las Vegas Coming Back To Life, As State Approves UFC Events, Boxing Matches And Casinos For Reopening Dates
Hosted by Mo Amer of the Netflix special The Vagabond, Laughter in Lockdown will also include appearances and performances by Gary Gulman, Gina Yashere, Ian Edwards, Jon Fisch, Keith Robinson, Marina Franklin, Moody McCarthy, Pete Holmes, Robert Kelly, Ronny Chieng, Ted Greenberg, Sal Vulcano, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Vanessa Hollingshead, among others. Special appearances are set for Starrkeisha’s Cheer Squad and Piff The Magic Dragon (America’s Got Talent).
The benefit is presented by NY Laughs, a volunteer organization that utilizes comedy as community outreach, and The Actors Fund. Exec producers are NY Laughs and Kristine Pregot.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Nears Grim 100,000 Milestone As Global Cases Top 5.4M - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto