This is the dramatic moment that heroic staff save a child who fell from a ski lift.
The youngster got into difficulty on the chair at Perfect North Slope, Lawrenceburg, Indiana, and was left dangling 25 feet in the air.
She was wedged between another child in the seat and a woman but was somehow left hanging from the ski lift on February 18.
Video footage shows how she was rescued by ski resort staff who stretched a piece of red tarp into a soft landing for the child.
When she fell, the staff caught her safely in the tarp.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Thousands of homes across UK left without water as thawing temperatures bursts pipes
- Jamie Oliver says poverty-stricken obese Brits eat badly because they think ‘in a different gear’
- Firefighters push stranded woman through snow and ice after electric wheelchair breaks down
- Falling into a black hole ‘would erase your past but give you infinite possible futures’
- UK far-right groups a growing threat as they prepare for ‘civil war’ between the West and Islam
The rescue was caught on camera by Adam Browning, from Cincinnati, Ohio, who was in the chair lift in front and said the episode lasted for about five minutes.
He said: “Anyone who skis regularly will tell you there are always general shenanigans when you board the lift.
“I first became aware of the situation when I heard the woman on the chair scream. You could tell she was absolutely terrified.
“I was in my chair with two kids and we all turned around just as the lift stopped. The chair was about 20 to 25 feet above the ground, and the woman was screaming for help as she was desperately holding on to the chair with one hand, and the child with the other.
“A bunch of staff members quickly gathered under the chair. One of them grabbed the red tarp and they all grabbed a section of it to create a soft surface to catch the girl.
“The entire time, the woman was freaking out, screaming, yelling “PLEASE HELP!”. One of the staff members was trying to calm her, and told her the only option was to let go of the girl who was slipping off the chair.
“She did, and they caught her. The woman on the chair repeatedly asked the girl if she was okay. She said yes, and everyone let out a big sigh of relief.”