Settling down to watch a test match with and a couple of drinks and a few fellow cricket fans for company is one of the great joys in sport.
Whether you spend time marking off the scorecard, listening to Test Match Special, or simply idling away an afternoon in front of the match, losing yourself in an absorbing game is among the most relaxing experiences a sports fan can have.
However, if you can’t make it down to see the matches in person, plenty of places in the capital show tests on a regular basis.
While you might struggle to find games from the County Championship and other domestic leagues being shown, there are a number of fantastic pubs, bars and sports clubs who can be depended on to show high-profile international matches.
We've rounded up our pick of the best places to watch cricket in the capital — just be sure to double check venues are showing games before heading down to watch the action.
- The Merchant of Battersea, 23-25 Battersea Rise, Clapham Junction, SW11 1HG, themerchantbattersea.com
- The Pavilion End, 23 Watling St, EC4M 9BR, pavilionendpub.co.uk
- Greenwood, 170 Victoria St, Westminster, SW1E 5LB, greenwoodlondon.com
- Carlsberg Sports Bar, Empire Casino, 5-6 Leicester Square, WC2H 7NA, thecasinolsq.com
- Rileys Sports Bar Haymarket, Rileys Sports Bar Haymarket, 80 Haymarket, SW1Y 4TE, rileys.co.uk
- Shakespeare’s Head, 29 Great Marlborough Street, W1F 7HZ, greeneking-pubs.co.uk
- The Green Man, 57 Berwick Street, Soho, W1F 8SR, thegreenmansoho.co.uk
- Waterloo Sports Bar and Grill, Unit 1 The Balcony, Waterloo Railway Station, Waterloo Road, E1 7NY, sportsbarandgrill.co.uk/waterloo
- Slug and Lettuce, Leicester Square, 5 Lisle Street, Leicester Square, WC2H 7BG, slugandlettuce.co.uk/leicestersquare
- Broadleaf, Tower 42, 25 Old Broad St, EC2N 1HN, broadleaflondon.com
- The King’s Arms, 190 Fulham Road, SW10 9PN, thekingsarmschelsea.co.uk
- Famous Three Kings, 171 North End Rd, W14 9NL, craft-pubs.co.uk