Wife of double murderer who abused corpses speaks out for first time

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

The wife of a double murderer who sexually abused at least 100 corpses in the hospital where he worked has spoken out for the first time, saying she “couldn’t carry on” after learning of his crimes.

David Fuller admitted the murder of Wendy Knell and Caroline Pierce in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, in 1987 after the crimes went unsolved for three decades.

He filmed himself carrying out a spate of attacks on dead bodies at mortuaries inside the now closed Kent and Sussex Hospital and the Tunbridge Wells Hospital.

Fuller also pleaded guilty to 51 other offences, including 44 charges relating to 78 identified victims in mortuaries where he was working as an electrician

Mala Fuller, 50, his third wife told MailOnline: “I’m not with him. I couldn’t carry on in that relationship. I’m too upset to even think about what was going on, I couldn’t live with it. You can’t imagine how distraught I am.”

“I could not stay in that house knowing what he did and what went on in there. I wanted to be alone and want to live my life alone.”

David Fuller (Kent Police)
David Fuller (Kent Police)

Mrs Fuller, who originally comes from from Trinidad moved out of the home she shared with the killer in Heathfield, East Sussex for the past 20 years four months ago.

Neighbours revealed that Mala had told them her marriage to Fuller was over just weeks after his arrest last December.

One said: “She made it clear that she wasn’t going to continue with him but how could any sane person?

“Mala’s sister has been helping her through this very difficult time. She had to stay in the house until she found alternative accommodation but as soon as she could, she got out and I don’t blame her. Nobody can stay married to a monster like that.”

Detectives say they may reach a stage when they cannot identify all of Fuller’s victims.

One who has been identified was Azra Kemal, 24, who was abused by Fuller at Tunbridge Wells Hospital after she died following a fall from a bridge in July 2020.

Her mother Nevres Kemal has raised fears over how many bodies Fuller may have abused, telling Sky News: “He had entered the morgue and autopsy area thousands of times, not hundreds, thousands.”

Read More

Murder investigation launched in east London

Children of morgue rapist are ‘in total shock’

Police in Ireland arrest English man on suspicion of threating to kill MP

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting