The "Sensor Landscape in Robotics and ADAS Vehicles - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts(2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The sensor landscape in robotic and ADAS vehicles is expected to reach a CAGR of 28.7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
An increasing adoption rate of ADAS and AD will be responsible for an overall expected growth rate of 8 percent in automotive sensors. The global market for advanced driver assistance systems, known in the industry as ADAS, is expected to reach more than $67 billion by 2025, growing more than 10 percent each year.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- NXP Semiconductor N.V.
- Ouster Inc.
- Velodyne LiDAR Inc.
- Luminar Technologies Inc.
- Aurora Innovation Inc. (Incl. Blackmore)
- Waymo LLC
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Valeo SA
- ON Semiconductor Corp
- Omnivision Technologies Inc.
- ST Microelectronics NV
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Key Market Trends
Radar Sensor is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The automotive industry, which is presently undergoing a technology transition focusing on increasing safety, comfort, and entertainment, provides ample opportunities for the application of radar sensors. Emerging sensor-rich applications, such as drones, autonomous vehicles, and ADAS applications, are further accelerating the need for radar sensors.
- In November 2020, GroundProbe has extended its comprehensive Slope Stability Radar (SSR) product offering with the release of the SSR-Agilis. The SSR-Agilis is a 3D Real Aperture Radar that provides unique measurements that are less susceptible to contamination, crucial for safety-critical monitoring in high traffic work areas.
- With the advent of autonomous/self-driving cars, increasing the adoption of radar sensors can be witnessed. Over the forecast period, innovations are expected to drive the demand for radar sensors in the automotive industry.
- For instance, In March 2019, the European Commission announced a revision of the General Safety Regulations to make autonomous safety technologies a mandatory requirement for vehicles manufactured in Europe, in a bid to bring down accident levels in the region. Stringent regulations are pushing the automotive vendors to implement the latest radar sensor-based systems. This is creating an opportunity for the market.
North America is Expected to Hold Major Share
- The North America region is one of the pioneers in adopting ADAS-enabled vehicles and self-driven transportation solutions. According to the Deutsche Bank, the US ADAS unit production volume is expected to reach 18.45 million by 2021.
- Owing to the better performance, prominent companies, like Google, Uber, and Toyota, are using LiDAR. At the same time, the relatively lower cost has persuaded Tesla to use radar sensors as the primary sensors in its self-driving cars. The companies are continuously trying to incorporate multiple alternative sensing technologies in a vehicle to enhance the effectiveness of the system.
- Prominent automakers (over 13 major auto manufacturers), and vendors offering radar sensors (Bosch, Lockheed Martin, among others) in the region are expected to emerge as a source for innovation and is estimated to hold a significant position in the market. According to the American Automotive Policy Council, over the past five years, the exports from the automotive sector were valued at USD 692 billion, and the automotive industry alone contributes to 3% of the region's GDP, which effectively contributes to the growth of the market studied.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Rising awareness on worker safety & stringent regulations
4.4.2 Steady increase in industrial sector in key emerging countries in Asia-Pacific, coupled with expansion projects
4.5 Market Challenges
4.5.1 Recent outbreak of COVID-19 and marginal decline in spending in key verticals expected to pose a concern to manufacturers
4.6 Light Passenger Car and Robotic Vehicle Sales Statistics by Level of Autonomy ?
4.7 Key Industry Standards & Regulations
4.8 Technological Roadmap for Automotive Sensors (Radar, Camera & LiDAR)
4.9 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 LiDAR (Robotic Vehicles Vs. ADAS Vehicles)
5.1.2 Radar (Robotics Vehicles Vs. ADAS Vehicles)
5.1.3 Camera Modules (Robotics Vehicles Vs. ADAS Vehicles)
5.1.4 GNSS (Robotic Vehicles)
5.1.5 Inertial Measurement Units (Robotic Vehicles)
5.2.1 North America
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Ranking for Top 3 Automotive LiDAR Suppliers
6.2 Vendor Ranking for Top 3 Automotive Image Sensor Suppliers
6.3 Vendor Ranking for Top 3 Automotive Radar Supplier
6.4 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qxgdd
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900