By Ian Dunt
Controversial Tory MP Nadine Dorries will be investigated for her expenses claims, according to the parliamentary watchdog.
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (Ipsa) said paid travel and accommodations costs may have been claimed inappropriately.
"An investigation will be conducted into claims submitted under the following areas of the third and fourth editions of the MPs' scheme of business costs and expense - accommodation expenditure, travel and subsistence," Ipsa compliance officer Peter Davis said in a statement.
Dorries is know in parliament for her socially conservative views, including hardline positions on gay marriage and abortion.
She still has not been given the Tory whip since she flew to Australia to appear on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Woolwich: 'Shooting After Machete Attack'Sky News - 9 minutes ago
- Google Boss: We Follow The Law On TaxSky News - 24 minutes ago
- Dale Cregan Admits Murder Of Father And SonSky News - 34 minutes ago
- James Bulger's Mum Urges No Parole For KillerSky News - 37 minutes ago
- FBI Shoots Man 'Linked To Boston Bomb Suspects'Sky News - 41 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt
Best of Yahoo! News
- MPs' Expenses: Stewart Jackson Sued Over …
- MP rails against 'aggressive homosexual community' …
- PM 'proud' of gay marriage Bill
- Gay Marriage Bill Saved By Deal With Lab …
- PM hits out over Dorries Ukip plan
- Tory Peer Denies Calling Activists 'Loon …
- Gay marriage: Round three