With 2022 coming to an end, movie fans are looking at the global box office to find out which 10 films were this year’s biggest.
It was a big year for cinema thanks to the release of blockbusters inclusding Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Top Gun: Maverick.
December saw a huge box office boost also thanks to the release of James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water , which became the the third film this year to cross the $1bn (£830m) mark.
Also featuring in global the top 10 is Minions: The Rise of Gru and Chinese blockbusters Moon Man and Water Gate Bridge.
Below is the full global box office top 10 of 2022:
1. Top Gun: Maverick ($1.489bn/£1.234bn)
2. Avatar: The Way of Water $1.168bn (£965.5m)
3. Jurassic World: Dominion ($1.001bn/£829.9m)
4. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ($955.8m/£792.4m)
5. Minions: The Rise of Gru ($939.4m/£778.8m)
6. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever ($790£655mm)
7. The Batman ($770.8m/£639.1m)
8. Thor: Love and Thunder ($761m/£630.9m)
9. Water Gate Bridge ($626.5m/£519.4m)
10. Moon Man ($460.2m/£381.5m)