The former British soldier has been axed from the reality show SAS: Who Dares Wins that made him famous, just weeks before the new series was due to being filming, with TV bosses saying they refuse to ever work with him again.
A Channel 4 spokesperson said in a statement: “Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Watch: A day in the life of Ant Middleton
“Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.”
Middleton, 40, said in a statement on social media: "After five incredible years I’ve decided it’s time to move on from SAS: Who Dares Wins UK. Big respect to my fellow DS - it’s been a journey I’ll never forget.
"Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is. Really excited about the future and what’s coming this year."
He added: “Stay positive.”
Stay positive 💪💪
— Ant Middleton (@antmiddleton) March 1, 2021
Filming has already completed on the sixth series of SAS: Who Dares Wins, along with a celebrity special, both due to air later this year featuring Middleton.
Middleton - who resigned from his role as the Royal Navy’s Chief Cadet last year - came under criticism last summer for comments he made about the Black Lives Matter protests.
He tweeted in June: "“The extreme left against the extreme right. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo."
He apologised for the now deleted post, insisting he was “anti-racist and anti-violence”.
Last year Middleton was forced to apologise again after a backlash over a video he posted on social media, telling his 1.1 million followers not to “be a sheep” and to “carry on as normal” during the coronavirus pandemic.
Middleton claimed that self-isolation would not apply to him as he is "strong and able".
As the world went into lockdown he deleted the post and issued an apology, saying: "I've come out of this bubble I've realised I've probably been a bit insensitive towards the magnitude, the scale, of the crisis that's happening in the UK."
Middleton – who has five children – joined the army at the age of 17 in 1998 and served for 14 years. He served four years of a 14-month prison sentence in 2013 for unlawful wounding and common assault on two police officers outside a nightclub in Essex.
He recently took part in celebrity survival show Straight Talking with Australian actor Rebel Wilson.
Watch: Ant Middleton apologises for Black Lives Matter comments