- Candace Cameron Bure shared a new resistance band workout on Instagram yesterday that tones and sculpts your thighs and glutes.
- The Fuller House star works out regularly with celebrity trainer Kira Stokes and is a fan of using Stokes's fitness app when she's traveling.
- Bure shares other leg and glute exercises she does with resistance bands on her Instagram stories.
Even when she's on set and traveling, Candace Cameron Bure doesn't miss a beat with her workouts. Over the weekend, Bure invited her trainer Kira Stokes to train her on set and in her California home—and Stokes definitely put her to work.
In a new video that Bure posted yesterday, she performs an outer-thigh exercise called the clam with a resistance band. Using a resistance band for this move will force you to engage your thigh muscles. To get the most out of this exercise, move with control as you lift your leg away from the midline. You also want to make sure your hips remain square throughout the entire movement.
How to do a clam:
- Lie on your right side on an exercise mat with your right forearm propped. Bend your knees and loop a resistance band just above your knees. Rest your left hand on your hip.
- Working against the band, squeeze your thigh muscles to press your left thigh out as wide as you can.
- Then, slowly bring your left thigh back to the starting position. This is one rep. Alternate sides.
On her Instagram stories, Bure shares other leg and glute exercises she does with resistance bands. Bure does lateral band step-outs, which work her outer thighs. And because she's in a half squat position, her glutes get some action, too.
In another video on her Instagram stories, Bure does a squat with a resistance band around her thighs, just above the knees. As she squats down, Bure pulls a cable machine to work her back and arms. Having the resistance band around her legs helps ensure she keeps proper alignment and works her entire posterior chain, aka the entire back side of the body.
Inspired to sweat it out? Aim to do eight to 12 reps per exercise and repeat for three to four rounds. You can find many of Bure's other workouts with Stokes on her app, Get Fit With Kira Stokes.
You Might Also Like