Chilling CCTV shows Exeter killer's movements before 'random stranger' murder

Chilling video footage of Exeter killer Cameron Davis has been released showing his movements before and after he murdered "random stranger" Lorna England. The 74-year-old was robbed of her life by Davis who stabbed her through the heart and left her for dead in Ludwell Valley Park.

He denied murder, saying he was mentally ill, but was found guilty after a trial at Exeter Crown Court. The trial heard evidence about his involvement with mental health services on the day he killed.

The jury was played footage of him being discharged from A&E and the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital on February 18, 2023. Three hours later he murdered Lorna as she walked home through the park.

Cameron Davis has been found guilty of murder
Cameron Davis has been found guilty of murder -Credit:Devon & Cornwall Police

The video compilation begins with Davis leaving hospital at 12:49pm. He walked along Burnthouse Lane and into Lidl where he bought a kitchen knife which he later used to kill Lorna.

Davis then spent time in a doorway at the back of Wonford Sports Centre. He said in evidence that he was contemplating suicide because nobody would treat his mental health problems the way he wanted. He also drunk from a bottle of vodka which he later smashed on the ground.

Lorna England was described as a fit and active woman who liked to get her 10,000 steps in each day. She went to Lidl to buy some flour and the video shows her leaving the store at about 3:50pm. An arrow highlights her tragic final moments as she headed home through the park.

A short time later she was met by Davis who stabbed her through the heart and left her dying. Police have also released drone footage of the crime scene close to a bridge in woodland.

A passer-by heard Lorna cry out in pain and saw her fall. She called 999 and tried to comfort her. Police and ambulance arrived but could do nothing to save her life.

Meanwhile, Davis went to the pub. Locals at the Dolphin remembered him acting in a odd way, bothering people and trying to join their tables.

He then visited two more pubs in Heavitree. At one point he gatecrashed a party but was told to leave. He was later arrested in the city centre.

⚠️ Want the latest Devon breaking news and top stories first? Click here to join our WhatsApp group. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice ⚠️