- Chip and Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Market will reopen on Monday, June 1, after closing its doors months earlier amid the coronavirus crisis.
- Among other new regulations, the Magnolia team announced that all buildings are guaranteed to operate at only 50 percent capacity.
Chip and Joanna Gaines are serving up a sliver of good news amid the coronavirus crisis.
The former Fixer Upper stars just announced that they will soon reopen their beloved Magnolia Market, with some new rules in place to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
The popular tourist destination in downtown Waco, Texas was closed in March due to the coronavirus outbreak. According to a statement on the company website, the market will reopen on Monday, June 1, along with Magnolia Table, Chip and Jo's nearby restaurant.
"We are ready to welcome you back starting June 1!" reads the announcement, titled "Together Again—In A New Way." "While you've been gone, our team has been preparing to make your return as safe and enjoyable as possible. We're sure you have a lot of questions, so we've put together a quick overview of what changes to expect."
The website notes that all of the shops, restaurants, and other businesses that make up Magnolia Market at the Silos will operate under the following guidelines:
- No more than 50% capacity inside the buildings
- All staff will wear masks and gloves
- Continual cleaning, including a deep clean each night
- Single-use menus
- Floor markers to encourage distancing
- One-way flow through buildings when possible
- Reduced seating
Guests are also encouraged to wear masks, but are not required to do so.
"Consider wearing a mask that covers the nose and mouth, especially when interacting with an individual within 6 feet," the website says. "The City of Waco does not require this, but we invite those who have a covering to please wear it while visiting us."
Last week, Chip and Jo's famous Silos Baking Co. started offering nationwide delivery options for its famous chocolate chip and sugar cookies. The bakery will now be accepting in-person orders, to be taken outside the front door of the bakery. Order pick-up will take place inside the building, with no more than five groups allowed to enter at one time.
We don't know about you, but Waco, Texas, is always at the top of our list of travel destinations, and we're glad to see that Chip and Jo are putting the health and safety of their customers first as they reopen their doors.
You Might Also Like