- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
TV presenter Richard had to quit the ITV show after a trip to hospital when he fell ill meant that he had broken the COVID bubble and couldn’t return to camp.
Chloe, 34, has now posted a message on Instagram saying: “Dad’s absolutely fine, we’ve been speaking to him all day and ultimately, he’s just livid he can't go back into camp because of COVID restrictions.
Read more: All the I'm A Celebrity winners so far
“He did himself proud, though. He worked hard and was his calm, collected, kind and funny self.”
She added that she was really "proud" of her dad.
Richard, 65, became ill on Wednesday and left the castle camp to go to the hospital as a precaution.
The star said he was "gutted" to be out of the competition so soon but that “the safety of all the campmates is the number one priority”.
Richard also said he was "incredibly excited" to watch his fellow campers continue their journey, joking that he was even more excited "at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle".
"Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I’ve made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life," he said.
Read more: Meet the I'm A Celebrity 2021 campmates
Chloe later revealed that Richard tucked into a McDonald’s when he got back from the Welsh castle.
Sharing a picture of a burger and fries, she wrote: “He’s home.”
Watch: Richard Madeley takes on Castle Kitchen Nightmares challenge in I'm A Celebrity