A celebrity clown who appeared on Belgium’s Got Talent has been arrested on suspicion of murdering his girlfriend in front of her three children.
Kevin Lapeire is alleged to have killed a 47-year-old-woman, known only as Caroline D, after tying up her children, aged 12, 15 and 17.
The 31-year-old – one of only five professional clowns in Belgium – broadcast himself live on Facebook during an armed stand-off with police.
Lapeire allegedly stabbed Caroline to death after they split up in a revenge attack on Sunday – Belgium’s Mother’s Day.
He was spotted on top of a 13-storey apartment building in Bredene, close to his parents’ home, on Monday, waving a pistol.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- North Korea threatens to pull out of talks with US if it is forced to give up nuclear weapons
- Experts think they’ve finally solved mystery of disappeared Malaysian Airlines flight MH370
- Pilot ‘sucked out’ of plane after cockpit windshield blows mid-flight
- Royal wedding: Meghan Markle’s father ‘changes his mind and wants to attend wedding to Prince Harry’
- Paedophile who drove 130 miles with cheerleader outfit in car to meet 10-year-old girl jailed
Footage on Facebook Live showed him throwing a gas canister from the roof, and firing into the sky.
After a four hour stand-off, Lapeire, who regularly performed for sick children at hospitals, surrendered by pulling his jumper over his had while holding his hands up in the air.
The children’s father told Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws: ‘It’s too horrible, especially my children.’
The victim’s body was found in a garage by emergency services on Monday.