Crossbow triple murder suspect Kyle Clifford found in cemetery after manhunt

An ambulance leaving the scene at Lavender Hill Cemetery
-Credit: (Image: Phil Harris / Daily Mirror)

Police have confirmed that the suspect of a horrific crossbow massacre that saw three women murdered has been found in a cemetery yards from his home.

Officers said Kyle Clifford, 26, was found this afternoon and is currently receiving medical treatment after being found with injuries.

Armed officers and a specialist search dog tracked Kyle down after searching a cemetery near Rendlesham Road in Enfield, north London.

Louise Hunt, Carol Hunt and Hannah Hunt
Louise Hunt, Carol Hunt and Hannah Hunt died following the incident -Credit:Facebook

Detective Inspector Justine Jenkins from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit said: "Following extensive enquiries, the suspect has been located and nobody else is being sought in connection with the investigation at this time.

"We have had an overwhelming number of calls and would like to express our gratitude to the members of the public who have contacted us. We would still appeal for anyone with information or footage to please contact police directly and refrain from commenting on social media as this could affect the progress of the case."

John Hunt
John Hunt -Credit:X

Clifford was the subject of a huge manhunt across areas of Hertfordshire and north London after three women were found dead in their home in Hertfordshire following a horrific crossbow attack.

The victims were later named as Carol Hunt, 61, Hannah Hunt, 28, and Louise Hunt, 25 – wife and daughters of BBC Five Live racing commentator John Hunt.

Mr Hunt is understood to have been working for the BBC racing on Tuesday, and reportedly returned home to discover his wife and two daughters had been fatally injured. Police were called to the property in Ashlyn Close, in northern Bushey, near Watford, just before 7pm that day.

Officers arrived on scene with ambulance vehicles – including two air ambulances – to find that the trio had suffered serious injuries. The three women were alive when discovered, however, despite the best efforts of paramedics, all tragically died at the scene a short time later.

Don't miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond - Sign up to our daily newsletter here.