DWP confirms early August Bank holiday payments for claimants including Universal Credit

August 26 is a Bank Holiday, which means some people will receive their scheduled Department for Work and Pension (DWP) benefit payments early.
-Credit: (Image: No credit)

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has announced that benefit claimants could see a change to their payments next month. Due to the Bank Holiday on August 26, some people may receive their scheduled DWP benefit payments early.

The benefits that could be affected include Attendance Allowance, Carer's Allowance, Employment Support Allowance (ESA), Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA), Pension Credit, Personal Independence Payment (PIP), State Pension, and Universal Credit.

HMRC has confirmed that Child Benefit and Tax Credits due on that date will be paid into bank accounts on Friday, August 23. It is therefore possible that DWP payments could also be made on this day, marking a significant change for households.

READ MORE: People with certain conditions may be able to boost monthly payments by £143

READ MORE: 'Unacceptable' move as DWP stops benefits for 184,000 people

If you are expecting your benefit payment on August 23 and it doesn't arrive, you should contact the DWP. You can also lodge a complaint with the Government department if there is an issue with your payment.

After August, there are two more bank holidays before the end of the year which could affect when you receive your benefits, reports Birmingham Live.

Both the DWP and HMRC have explained that if your payments are due on December 25, they will be made on December 24 instead. Similarly, if your payment is due on December 26, it will be made on December 24.

If you have a Universal Credit account, you can ring the DWP's complaints line for free on 08003285644, or if you don't, the number is 08003289344. The phone lines are open from 8am to 6pm.

Alternatively, you can lodge a complaint using the online form.

Letters should be addressed to DWP Complaints, Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton, WV99 2GY, as stated on the DWP's website. If you believe there's an issue with your Universal Credit payment, you're entitled to make a complaint, it advises.

Get more news from KentLive straight to your inbox for free HERE.