Fire at Bluffton home results in minimal damage

May 15—BLUFFTON — A fire that started in the basement of a Bluffton home resulted in minimal damage and no injuries on Wednesday morning.

According to the Bluffton Fire Department, the damage to the home at 143 Sunset Drive was mostly due to smoke and could have been caused by an electrical problem. The single occupant made it out safely with no injuries as well as the pets.

The two-bedroom home, built in 1963, is owned by Army Rachelle and Carrie Bryner and valued at $157,000, according to the Allen County Auditor's website.

The Beaverdam Fire Department, Pandora Fire Department, and Bluffton EMS responded as mutual aid. Swartz Restoration and Emergency Services from Lima is helping with the restoration.