Firefighters called to house fire on Lache Lane, Chester

Firefighters have tackled a house fire in Chester. Two fire engines from Chester Fire Station were sent to the scene in Lache Lane at 2.30pm on Sunday (May 6).

The fire, in the bedroom of the property, is thought to have been caused by an electrical heat lamp. Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to put the fire out.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said of the incident: "Firefighters attended a report of a fire in a bedroom at a property on Lache Lane, Chester. Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the fire, which was in an upstairs bedroom of the property.

"Crews then used a large fan to ventilate the building. An initial investigation suggests that the fire was caused by an electrical heat lamp. All occupants of the property were accounted for."

NEWSLETTER: Sign up for CheshireLive email direct to your inbox here