Jan. 18—Looking for something to do with your family this weekend? Check out these activities around the Valley:
1. Check out future Valley scientists at the Bloomsburg Children's Museum's annual science fair today from 5 to 8 p.m. The fair will be held at the Bloomsburg Fire Hall, 911 Market St., Bloomsburg and will feature projects by students in grades sixth through twelfth in Valley school districts. Cash prizes will be awarded and the winners will advance to a statewide competition. Learn more by visiting The Bloomsburg Children's Museum's website at the-childrens-museum.org.
2. Head out to the Middlecreek Area Community Center, 67 Elm St., Beaver Springs, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday for the center's Family Game Night. There will be plenty of games to play with yourselves and other families, plus other fun activities and popcorn and snacks. If you have questions or want more details, call 570-658-2276 or email email@example.com or on the Middlecreek Area Community Center's Facebook page.
3. The Thomas Beaver Free Library, 317 Ferry St., Danville, is having a Super Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Guests can drop in anytime between those hours for crafts, building and other things for kids of all ages to enjoy. If you want to learn more, check out the Thomas Beaver Free Library's Facebook page.
4. Lowe's Home Improvement store, 1389 Susquehanna Trail, Selinsgrove, is training the next generation of handymen around the Valley with DIY U. This weekend, parents can register their kids for an hourlong time slot for them to make a wooden toolbox. Space is limited and parents should register. Learn more at https://www.lowes.com/diy-projects-and-ideas/workshops
5. Bucknell's Rev. Angela Jones and Dr. Alisha Lola Jones, associate professor, music in contemporary societies, University of Cambridge to lead "Singing and Social Justice: A Community Sing" from 3-5 p.m. Saturday in Rooke Chapel. Participants can join Jones to learn and sing songs from the Civil Rights Movement, which will be performed during the "Multifaith Commemoration of the Life and Legacy of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr." at 11 a.m. in Rooke Chapel, Bucknell University. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a family-friendly event to share? Send details to email@example.com