Florida Deputies Find Missing 75-Year-Old With Alzheimer's While Looking for Robbery Suspect
Deputies in Hillsborough County, Florida, were looking for a robbery suspect on Monday, March 27, when they instead found a 75-year-old man with Alzheimer’s who had gone missing the day before.
This footage, released by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, shows aerial images of the pursuit in a wooded area of Lake Magdalene, Florida.
The man was safely reunited with his family after the rescue, according to the sheriff’s office.
“What a wonderful example of being in the right place at the right time,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. Credit: Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office via Storyful
- All right, we got you. [INAUDIBLE]. We have the [INAUDIBLE].
- All right. Do you guys have the target identified there as well?
- Yes, sir. We do have the target identified as well. [INAUDIBLE], but we got it.
- All right. [INAUDIBLE].
- Veer just slightly to the right if you're able to, slightly to the right. It looks like he crawled himself a little to the left, so just slightly to your right. [INAUDIBLE].
- Yeah, we can hear him. I can see him moving. But I can't see him, himself.
- All right. He should be right up there, probably about 10 feet. It looks like [INAUDIBLE] from what we can tell. Just keep going that direction.
- Hey, it can be a little bit stressful. We had [INAUDIBLE] 8 hours long. It looked like a Arabic male with a black shirt and black hat and a beard.
- Hey, I'm-- [INAUDIBLE] very closely matches that description-- black hat, black top, tan pants. I'm pretty sure that's going to be him.
- That is wild.
- Is it a polo hat?
- Yep. 10-4.
- That's amazing. Great job, everybody.