The union said there had been “a solid vote for action” from its members and subsequent talks “failed to resolve” the issue.
It said it had told London Underground staff not to report for work from 12 midday on August 3 until 11.59am the following day and on three other days in the same month.
The union said the plan was “a cash led move” that would “destroy the work life balance of 3,000 Tube drivers”.
He said: “This breach of trust by an out of touch management abolishes the part time jobs of workers – mainly women – who rely on the flexibility and security they offer while they juggle other commitments.
“That is an equalities issue that the London Mayor should be taking seriously and raising directly with his London Underground senior management.
“RMT has made serious proposals and a resolution to the dispute is available through discussion. LU Management need to come back to the table this week in order to avoid the need for strike action. The union remains available for serious and constructive talks.”
Originally strike action had been proposed earlier this month.
Nick Dent, Director of Customer Operations for London Underground, said: “The changes to how we roster our drivers to continue to provide a regular Tube service and create more flexibility for our staff have not resulted in any job losses.
“Our drivers have been vital in keeping the Tube running during the pandemic, ensuring that key workers could move around the city during the lockdowns and helping fuel London’s recovery in more recent weeks. This new arrangement means that all drivers have been given the opportunity for full-time work and long-term job certainty, while Londoners can continue to rely on the regularity of Tube services.
“These changes will allow us to operate both day-to-day Tube services and Night Tube more efficiently, and as our agreement with our other trade unions reflects they will be positive for drivers as well as for customers. It is extremely disappointing that the RMT has decided to announce strike action to disrupt Londoners and the recovery from coronavirus. We remain open to discussions to avoid this unnecessary industrial action.”