Harry has given a series of interviews to promote his new memoir Spare, which is filled with explosive allegations about the Royal Family
Two of the interviews which have aired so far were with US broadcasters — 60 Minutes and Good Morning America
GMA host Michael Strahan revealed that, as the show aired on Monday, lawyers representing the royals had demanded to see the full footage of Harry's interview
Read on below to find out exactly how and why the US media are refusing to play ball with the House of Windsor...
Harry has been on a promotional tour for his new memoir, Spare, which is filled with a number of explosive claims about his family – including that William physically attacked him and that Camilla leaked stories to the press about him.
While he only sat down with one UK broadcaster — ITV's Tom Bradby on Sunday night — he has undertaken a series of interviews in the US, including 60 Minutes with Anderson Cooper and Michael Strahan of Good Morning America.
On Monday, Strahan revealed live on air that while Good Morning America was showing his interview with Harry, the show had received a request from lawyers representing the Royal Family to see the interview with the Duke of Sussex in full, something he says "as a news organisation" they refused to comply with.
Watch: GMA host reveals Royal Family's lawyers demanded copy of Harry interview
"We received a response from the law firm representing Buckingham Palace this morning, while we were on the air", he reported, "saying that the palace needed to 'consider exactly what is said in the interview, in the context in which it appears' and asked that we supply them immediately with a copy of the entire interview, which we do not do as a news organisation, as a matter of our policy".
A similar report was made on Sunday by Anderson Cooper during his 60 Minutes interview with Prince Harry. Cooper stated they also refused as that it is "something we never do".
"We reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment. Its representatives demanded that before considering responding, 60 Minutes provide them with our report prior to airing it tonight, which is something we never do".
Harry's memoir accidentally went on sale in Spain last week, leading to some quotes being published ahead of its official release on 10 January. Throughout the leaked book extracts, his TV interviews and his recent six-part Netflix documentary, the Duke of Sussex has been very vocal - and critical - of what he views as an unhealthy relationship between press and palace in the UK.
On Sunday, he told ITV that "certain members of the family and the tabloid press... have decided to get in the bed with the devil".
He has claimed that different royal households feed or leak stories to friendly journalists to ensure better coverage for their own principals — something he has accused his father and Camilla's office of doing to both he and William. He has also alleged that his brother's office followed suit and leaked negative stories about him and his wife.
Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace have not commented on any of the revelations or claims made by the duke.
And while Harry has complained that the British press are in bed with the palace, it seems the media in the US is much less willing to do the palace any favours.
This isn't the first time a US company has reportedly refused palace demands. There was controversy following Harry and Meghan's Netflix documentary as to whether or not the palace had been given a right to reply to the couple's claims.
After initially saying they hadn't been asked for comment, Kensington Palace then clarified that a request had come in from a third party production company — Story Syndicate — but they had not been able to verify the request.
However, Story Syndicate sources have been reported as saying this isn't the case, and that the communications secretary for Prince William did in fact on 30 November reply asking to see footage of the series before it's release — a request which was also denied.