Apple TV+ placed its second series ever in the streaming rankings, with Hijack claiming a spot for the week of July 31-Aug. 6. Suits dominated the overall rankings again, and The Lincoln Lawyer shot back up with the release of more episodes.
Hijack recorded 357 million minutes of viewing time for the week its finale debuted, according to Nielsen. The Idris Elba-led thriller ranked eighth among original series and became the first Apple TV+ show not named Ted Lasso to make the weekly top 10s (a few movies on the service have made the film-specific top 10).
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Suits recorded its sixth straight week of more than 3 billion minutes of watch time, scoring 3.24 billion to lead the overall rankings by a wide margin. In the seven weeks since its first appearance in the rankings, the legal drama has racked up 23.54 billion minutes of viewing — the equivalent of roughly 4.18 million complete viewings of the nine-season, 134-episode series (assuming a 42-minute running time for each episode).
The Lincoln Lawyer (which was renewed for season three earlier this week) released the back half of its second season on Aug. 3 and reclaimed the top spot among original series with 1.7 billion viewing minutes on Netflix. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (362 million minutes) also returned to the rankings for the week of its musical episode, “Subspace Rhapsody,” and Peacock’s Twisted Metal (326 million minutes) debuted at No. 10 among original series.
Two feature films also had big streaming premiere weeks: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (1.63 billion minutes on Disney+) and The Super Mario Bros. Movie (717 million minutes on Peacock).
Nielsen’s streaming ratings cover viewing on TV sets only and don’t include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure U.S. audiences, not those in other countries. The top streaming titles for July 31-Aug. 6 are below.
1. Suits (Netflix/Peacock), 3.24 billion minutes viewed
2. The Lincoln Lawyer (Netflix), 1.7 billion
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Disney+), 1.63 billion
4. Bluey (Disney+), 1.09 billion
5. Sweet Magnolias (Netflix), 740 million
6. The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Peacock), 717 million
7. The Witcher (Netflix), 703 million
8. NCIS (Netflix/Paramount+), 691 million
9. Cocomelon (Netflix), 652 million
10. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 616 million
1. The Lincoln Lawyer, 1.7 billion minutes
2. Sweet Magnolias, 740 million
3. The Witcher, 703 million
4. Good Omens (Prime Video), 436 million
5. Futurama (Hulu), 401 million
6. The Summer I Turned Pretty (Prime Video), 399 million
7. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+), 362 million
8. Hijack (Apple TV+), 357 million
9. Jack Ryan (Prime Video), 346 million
10. Twisted Metal (Peacock), 326 million
1. Suits, 3.24 billion minutes
2. Bluey, 1.09 billion
3. NCIS, 691 million
4. Cocomelon, 652 million
5. Grey’s Anatomy, 616 million
6. SWAT (Hulu/Netflix/Paramount+), 482 million
7. Friends (Max), 473 million
8. SpongeBob SquarePants (Paramount+/Prime Video), 439 million
9. Heartland (Hulu/Netflix/Peacock), 436 million
10. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 401 million
1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, 1.63 billion minutes
2. The Super Mario Bros. Movie, 717 million
3. Happiness for Beginners (Netflix), 517 million
4. Hidden Strike (Netflix), 511 million
5. Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (Paramount+), 438 million
6. Fatale (Netflix), 402 million
7. Miraculous: Ladybug and Cat Noir, the Movie (Netflix), 351 million
8. Jesus Revolution (Netflix), 310 million
9. River Wild (2023) (Netflix), 296 million
10. They Cloned Tyrone (Netflix), 242 million
Best of The Hollywood Reporter