- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Jamie Oliver’s wife Jools has revealed the couple are planning a second wedding, to mark their 20th anniversary.
The 44-year-old TV chef - who last month said he was “devastated” when his restaurant empire collapsed resulting in around 1,000 employees losing their jobs - met his wife at school when they were teenagers and they married in 2000.
Jools, 44, told Red magazine: “Next year, we’ll have been married 20 years, and we’re going to get married again, but do things differently – outside and barefoot.”
Recalling their first wedding she said: "Our wedding was formal, but we’re so not like that. It’ll be a big party. Why the hell not? I think we’ve done well!
“Our first dance was to Dusty Springfield’s I Only Want To Be With You, but Jamie doesn’t like dancing, so I threw him off. I was in my element!”
But first the couple and their five children - Poppy 17, Daisy, 16, Petal, 10, Buddy, 8 and two-year-old River - are planning a big holiday to Cornwall to recover form the stress of Oliver’s recent business troubles.
Jools said: “Everyone looks shattered and we all need a break.
“All I wanted was children and to get stuck into home life. I was quite true to myself in that way,’ she adds.
Jools - who has on her own children’s clothing line Little Bird - admitted the collapse of Oliver’s restaurant chain had been, “challenging”.
Last month administrators appointed to Jamie Oliver’s restaurant empire closed all but three of the company’s restaurants, resulting in thousands of job losses.
The company, which includes 22 Jamie’s Italian restaurants in the UK as well as the celebrity chef’s Fifteen and Barbecoa restaurants, on Tuesday appointed accounting firm KPMG as administrator.
Read more: What Killed Jamie Oliver's Restaurant Chain?
“Unfortunately, with insufficient funds available to be able to trade the business in administration, all but the Gatwick airport restaurants have now closed,” joint administrator Will Wright, a partner in KPMG, said in a statement.
Oliver said in a statement on Twitter: “I’m devastated that our much-loved UK restaurants have gone into administration.”
“I am deeply saddened by this outcome and would like to thank all of the people who have put their hearts and souls into this business over the years.”