John Torode suffers another kitchen disaster as sauce explodes

Albertina Lloyd
·Entertainment reporter, Yahoo UK
·2-min read
LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 26: John Torode during the Master Chef Lunch as part of Advertising Week Europe on March 26, 2015 in London, England.  (Photo by Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images)
John Torode has had yet another kitchen disaster at home. (Getty Images)

John Torode has suffered yet another cooking disaster after his blender exploded sauce all over his kitchen.

The MasterChef judge – who recently had to battle a kitchen fire whilst presenting a live cooking demonstration on TV shared a picture of sauce splattered all over himself, the walls and even the ceiling.

Torode, 54, revealed: “Making Mr Johns and the nurtribullet popped open and it did go everywhere . This pic doesn’t do it justice but a have a closer look it did go everywhere including the ceiling and all over the kitchen . Two hours of cleaning it has taken me . Oh well . It was just the base and not the actual sauce.”

His wife Lisa Faulkner, 48, also captured footage of the aftermath on her Instagram Stories, revealing their dog Rory had been quick to try to eat it.

Read more: John Torode's kitchen on fire during cooking demo chaos

She later revealed: “My wonderful husband who spent 2 hours he cleaned it all down. He's done such a wonderful job. He's amazing."

It’s only two weeks since Torode’s kitchen burst into flames on live TV.

The TV chef was demonstrating to This Morning viewers how to recreate a McDonald’s sausage and egg McMuffin from his home via video link when he left a tea towel on top of his gas hob.

Read more: John Torode admits lockdown obsession with cleaning

Hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield frantically shouted: “Fire! Behind you John! Fire! Your tea towel’s on fire!”

Lisa Faulkner and John Torode live together in north London. (Getty Images)
Lisa Faulkner and John Torode live together in north London. (Getty Images)

But Torode, 54, was busy putting muffins into the toaster, and due to a time delay did not hear their warnings immediately.

By the time he became alerted to what was happening the tea towel was fully engulfed in flames and he quickly threw it into the sink and turned the tap on, shouting, “Thank you!”

The London Fire Brigade later tweeted: "@JohnTorode1's fire safety mistake live on @thismorning shows just how easy it is to have an accident in the kitchen."