Kirstie Allsopp Accidentally Swallowed An AirPod And We Have So Many Questions

(L-R) Kirstie Allsopp and an Airpod (Photo: Rex/Reuters)
(L-R) Kirstie Allsopp and an Airpod (Photo: Rex/Reuters)

(L-R) Kirstie Allsopp and an Airpod (Photo: Rex/Reuters)

If you’ve had a bad start to your week, then spare a thought for Kirstie Allsopp who is recovering after swallowing one of her AirPods.

The Location Location Location presenter had the unfortunate mishap on Sunday morning when one of her in-ear headphones got mixed up with her vitamins and she ended up downing it.

Sharing the news on Twitter, the property expert and presenter said: “In other news I just swallowed an AirPod while downing my vitamins, I don’t recommend it.”

Kirstie added that she didn’t need to make a trip to the hospital because she’d managed to “chuck it back up”.

Which is (ahem) good to hear.

“My throat is really quite sore,” she added.

When one of her Twitter followers asked her “how on earth” she’d managed to do it, Kirstie explained that she’d had it in her pocket along with her vitamins.

“AirPods in pocket, put vitamins in pocket while getting glass of water, chucked vitamins into mouth, gulped water, go for second lot, see one AirPod in hand, check pocket, check handbag. Realise there’s only one place it could be,” Kirstie responded.


We wonder what she’d been listening to? Also, how do you manage to “chuck up” an entire AirPod? And finally, do they still work?


Alarmingly, Kirstie isn’t the first person to wolf down one of the Apple products.

Play safe, people.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost UK and has been updated.